Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chikankari Embroidery sal Lesson 2 - 5 completed.

Anita of artisticfingers is conducting a chikan embroidery class free of cost.  I am also in that SAL group.  As the motif is getting completed part by part it gives me a joy of learning this type of embroidery in a professional way.  Thanks to Anita.

We have learnt Back stitch, Double Back stitch, Interlaced running stitch, Stem stitch,  Detached chain variation, Blanket stitch, Chain stitch, Roman stitch.  The shadow which the embroidery brings in the fabric is very pleasing to the eyes,  that too in the light color fabrics.  I am in the planning process to start a project with chikan embroidery.  Here comes my samples.  Have a look.  Feel free to give your comments and suggestions.





Shami Immanuel.

2 comments:

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/