Friday, February 8, 2013

TAST - Knotted and Inverted Feather stitch

This is my small sample for Knotted Feather stitch and Inverted Feather stitch.  This year I thought of making a pillow cover with the TAST stitches and decided the make stitches in round shape in the pillow so that the pillow becomes a stitch sampler for me.
 
 
Inverted feather stitch is suitable for creating border and necklines.  It gives a lace effect.  Here I have worked with three strands of anchor cotton embroidery thread.  I like to work with both the stitches and 2 more stitches gets added to my stitch list.  Thanks to Sharon.  For tutorials on Inverted feather stitch go here and for knotted feather stitch go here.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of a pillow as a showpiece for your lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to make a pillow of your TAST stitches.
    The Inverted Feather stitch is really good for borders.
    Ps. the link you put on Sharon's comment page is incorrect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Connie, Queenie.

    @Queenie - Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I have given the correct link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your TAST stitch sampler as heart is looking great .Kasuti embroidery is also looking fascinating. I also want to try some for cushion cover .Looking forward for your stitch direction posts.Thanks for your appreciation of long and short stitch

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/