Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Messy to classy - The green family

Initially when I started doing embroidery I had only few colors like green, red, orange, blue, black, white, pink etc.  I had only one shade in all the colors and I am not aware that so many shades are available.  I came to know about different shades in a single color after started doing cross stitch.  After that I started collecting different shades of thread. Then  I used to store it in a plastic box(1 box for each color) and every time I used to take out all the threads to search a particular shade.  This year I have decided to arrange all the threads  according to numbers and to make me do it, Preeti is hosting a messy to classy link party.  So I have decided each month I should arrange a part of my craft space and craft item and soon I should have a neat craft space and neatly arranged craft items. 

So, this month I have arranged all my green shades of embroidery threads in a thick calendar sheet and Placed it in a cardboard box so that I can accomodate 4 to 5 family of color threads in a single box, thus reducing the number of plastic boxes.  So here is my arrangement and let my photos speak to you.

Before:


After





I am linking this post to Messy-to-classy link party.  Thanks Preeti for hosting it.


Want to take part in the party? Click here.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to have all the threads arranged in a neat way? They are so lovely to look at as well. I am still keeping my threads in plastic bags sorted according to shade, but it DOES look messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Shami!! :) that's neat !! Thanks for joining!!
    I know I cannot work in clutter and it's difficult to organize everything. This helps in also knowing how much I really need. Not your threads, I was just referring to my messiness :) one or the other things gets messy everytime I pull something in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/