Saturday, May 2, 2015

Smalls SAL -April finish, Messy to classy

Smalls SAL is a cross stitch SAL conducted by Heather of stitching Lotus.  This month I stitched a small robin for smalls SAL.  The link for the pattern is here. Stitched on 14ct aida with 2 strands of thread.

You can see the other entries here.


Messy to classy April 
-----------------------------
After starting to do cross stitch I need different shades of threads and then I started to collect all the shades of a single color. I stored all these threads in different plastic boxes one box for a single color with different shades in it.  But it is difficult to sort out the particular number and also to find out the shades available.  So to find the shades available I have made cardboard bobbins and wind it .  Then arranged in a plastic box according to the number and now it easy for me to identify the particular shade.  Happy with this arrangement.

I am also in the process of combining two to three colors in a single box so that I get more space in my shelf.  Will show that later.

Before
--------
This is only a part of my boxes.  I have nearly 10 boxes like this.


Now.-
-------
The three rows from the left are anchor threads and the right side rows are rangoli, doli etc.  Today my DH brought me another 15 shades which are not in my collection.  Yet to arrange it.  I would like to see my thread box filled with all shades.



Some yo yo's crocheted with scraps of yarn. Planning to make a runner out of it.


I am linking this post to



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finish, Shami!! Isn't it wonderful to see so many colors arranged? I have saved lot of threads by using bobbins else I would always lose the shade number from the skein. Thanks for linking !!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/