Last December I have started this ripple blanket for my friend who is expecting her second baby on March. I wanted to do with granny squares. Since it has the lace effect I started rippling the blanket so that it doesn't have any holes. Everything went on well. I had only 2 balls of yarn in brown and cream each. But I needed more than I expected. I ran out of yarn. I ordered another set and with great confidence I have ordered the brown on seeing the online catalogue of Pradhan stores. But to my disappointment It was another shade which I have seen after receiving it. So I have decided to do rows of dc's on both sides till I reach the size of the blanket. I have done one dc on top of the dc's in the ripple row but the ends got extended than the ripple's width. I don't have the patience to unravel it and do it again and thought let it be like a frill at the end.
So what to do with the border. I had a small amount of yarn left over from the first brown and I have done slip stitch on each stitch on all the four sides. That's all. Completed. Phew.
In this photo u can see how much it has been extended. I am not satisfied with this blanket. On my embroidery hoop is a kutch work kurti. Will be finishing it this week. Will meet u with another finish. Till then, Happy crocheting.