Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A crochet ripple finish

Last December I have started this ripple blanket for my friend who is expecting her second baby on March.  I wanted to do with granny squares.  Since it has the lace effect I started rippling the blanket so that it doesn't have any holes. Everything went on well.  I had only 2 balls of yarn in brown and cream each.  But I needed more than I expected.  I ran out of yarn.  I ordered another set and with great confidence I have ordered the brown on seeing the online catalogue of Pradhan stores.  But to my disappointment It was another shade which I have seen after receiving it.  So I have decided to do rows of dc's on both sides till I reach the size of the blanket.  I have done one dc on top of the dc's in the ripple row but the ends got extended than the ripple's width.  I don't have the patience to unravel it and do it again and thought let it be like a frill at the end.  

So what to do with the border.  I had a small amount of yarn left over from the first brown and I have done slip stitch on each stitch on all the four sides. That's all.  Completed.  Phew.  




In this photo u can see how much it has been extended.  I am not satisfied with this blanket.  On my embroidery hoop is a kutch work kurti. Will be finishing it this week.  Will meet u with another finish.  Till then, Happy crocheting.

7 comments:

  1. It's looking great!! Ripples are fun to do. It doesn't matter if it got expanded at the end, it is a new pattern now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the combination of colors on your blanket. It looks better then you think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicecombo of colours. i thought its salmonish pink first. ripple is great pattern to work with

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way it turned out! It is lovely! Good work!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/