Thursday, 17 November 2016

Another Kasuti Finish

Hello dear friends

Thanks for your lovely comments in my previous post on two color granny squares.  I thought of finishing those crochet blocks into a cushions but when I add one more round with granny squares the width if the block exceeds the width of the cushion.  Wrong calculation on my part.  Now I don't want to unravel the joined squares and so I am going to finish it into a runner for my old computer table which is also my ironing table now.  So that work is in progress. 

Yesterday the sun was shining brightly and I managed to take some photographs of the kasuti kurti which I have finished two weeks back.  This one again is done on silk cotton fabric with three strands of anchor embroidery thread.



Lower border for the front.

Border for sleeves.  I reduced the height of the pattern for the sleeves.  Otherwise it is same as the front border.

I have completed all my custom orders.  And now I am doing some crochet sofa cover to be finished before christmas.   Also I am practicing long and short stitch, and doing small embroidery designs now and then.  Will be back with a small cross stitch finish in my next post.  Till then, Happy embroidering.

10 comments:

  1. thats lot of work! very neatly done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and neat stitching. I love the pink on the dark fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very beautiful and neat, Shami ! You may also try adding just plain rounds of DCs in both the colors instead of another round of squares. Or add a totally different color plain border to have your squares stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful embroidery and so neat ... You are very talented Shami:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embroidery is so beautiful and the pink looks wonderful on the black fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice pattern, love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!I have never done a project with Kasuti, this is inspiring m to start one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work Shami. Looks beautiful with attractive colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..this is exceptional...i always love your Kasuti work

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.