It's time for a Ta da moment. Yes I have finished the sofa seat cover.
(Click on the pictures for larger image)
This weekend I have joined all the squares and made three rectangular pieces. I used flat slip st join.
Then worked 2 rounds of double crochet around each piece and then joined those pieces with slip stitch with wrong sides facing each other(i.e, the sl stitch on the right side). It gives a nice joined seam for the two pieces. Then made a round of dc around and crocheted a simple border for the front side. For the border I followed this tutorial in youtube. That's it. Sofa seat cover done.
One last snap of my sofa seat cover.
For the whole project I have used local brand acrylic yarn and a 3.5mm hook.
I am happy that I have completed it before christmas and I have started to crochet the other sleeper seat(It's a L shaped sofa). For that I am not doing square but started off with hexagons adding a little bit of colour in each hexagon along with brown and cream. I will try to finish it before christmas but that is not on my priority list. The next priority is to finish a few embroidered bands which I have started.
I have finished two of my cross stitched pieces into ornaments and I will come up with that and a crocheted doily in my next post. Till then, happy crocheting.