Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Embroidered hoop - pattern1

>
Hello all

Thanks for all your comments in my previous post.  Last year I have made some embroidery designs.  The first one is the embroidered verse.  I have finished the piece into a hoop wall hanging.  I was happy the way it has turned out.  


Closeup of the above picture

Pattern in Tamil

English version of the pattern

STITCHES USED
----------------------------
Flowers and leaves - Lazy daisy stitch with a straight stitch inside (3 strands)
Stem - stem stitch (2 strands)
small rounds - Satin stitch (2 strands)
Letters - Back stitch (1 strand)

Thread Numbers (Anchor embroidery threads)
--------------------------
Big flowers - 298
Small flowers - 528
Center of the flowers - 332
Leaves and stem - 245
small rounds - 225
Letters - 332

I have taken a baby step to design my own patterns.  In future I am looking forward to make these patterns into embroidery kits. Every month I will be publishing one pattern.  This month I am late.  Next month the pattern will be published on 5th Feb. So do watch my space.  If any one of you try this pattern do send me a picture of it.  I will be happy to post it here. 

I am nearing a kasuti work finish. Lot more to show you.  Will come with my black and white quilt blocks in my next post.  Till then, have a happy time with needle and thread.

3 comments:

  1. Although I am not Christian I love your design, it's very sweet and looks so cheerful in the orange hoop. It makes me want more orange in my life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is fascinating to see embroidered foreign script, especially when the stitches are as neat as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish !:)
    Not loving material things is fine but why not love the world? World has nature and people to love. I guess the 'or' option should suffice my query:)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/