Thursday, January 23, 2020

Ribbon Embroidery Kurti and MCP update


Hi friends,

Today I am here to share my latest ribbon embroidery kurti.  After seeing so many ribbon embroidery sarees online I have tried a small flower with woven rose stitch and it came out perfect.  So decided to do an embroidered neck with satin ribbons which I have stashed looong back.  To my surprise it came out perfect.  And I added some half beads to add more beauty to the dress.  

Video tutorial for working these ribbon roses is here

So let's have a look at the embroidery.


Some closeups.



Used 3/4" ribbon for the flowers and 1/4" ribbon for leaves.  For leaves I have done the simple lazy daisy stitch.

I have completed one more page in the Mega cross stitch project.  It's nice to see the fabric getting filled with cross stitches.

After

Before

In my next post I will be coming up with a crochet purse.  Till then, Have a happy time with the needle n thread.

2 comments:

  1. Both your ribbon embroidery and cross stitch works are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What material is the ribbon made of? Are these the same ribbons u get in the market? Or any other specific material?

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/