Friday, November 21, 2014

Kamal Kadai Work kurti

It has been so long I have embroidered a kurti.  When I learned kamal kadai work i was addicted to it and tried it in simple plain cotton kurti and a chiffon saree.  This time I want to try the same work with flowers that have curved petals.  I worked the previous ones with pointed petals and with same color thread both for the foundation stitches and weaving.  This time i have tried with two colors and it came out really good.  

In this Project I have used Anchor embroidery thread. 
Stitches used:
     Stem stitch
     Fish bone stitch
     Pistil stitch
     French knots(in the sample piece)

Before going on to stitch it in the silk cotton i have tried a sample in a cotton cloth and the result is this.



Now moving on to the kurti





Hope all of you like.  waiting for your feedbacks.  Will meet u with another sample piece of embroidery.  Till then, have a happy time with your needle and thread.




12 comments:

  1. beautiful colour comb.... i love the blue and white....nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my god such a beautiful embroidery ... My my .. I am dead now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking very lovely ! Very pretty colors and the flower pattern is very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so lovely.. Even I learned this stitch in an embroidery class but it's been so long since I embroidered.. Looking at your beautiful embroidery works makes me wanna start embroidering again.. Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful work! Two colored kamal kadai looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can u click d full photo of d kurti on which it is done

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this!!! This 'll be my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this work. I love this stitch and want to try it myself even though I don't embroider!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I would like to get some tips on Navar work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Blog. You can also get more information related to latest kurti design, long kurti design, kurti palazzo set. Check Ethnic Wear for Women online on jaipur kurti. Have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Informative article, totally what I was looking for.

    banarasi silk saree
    banarasi saree

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/