Friday, August 31, 2012

Chain stitch - Blouse Neck Design

This is my own design.  Fully done using chain stitch and added beads at the end. Single strand of silver zari thread has been used. Embroidery for hand has to be done.  Will post it as soon as possible.

One of my old work using chain stitch for blouse neck is here.  Comparing these two works I am very happy to see my growth in embroidery.

Any one need the design pattern feel free to ask thru comments.

Happy embroidering.

Shami Immanuel.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kasuti Embroidery - Fridge handle

I have started learning Kasuti embroidery thru Mridulas school of embroidery, Chennai.  They have provided clear cut learning materials.  With the help of that I have embroidered this kasuti border motif and I have turned that in to a handle for my fridge.  Have a look and give u'r comments.
Close up of the motif

Motif turned into the fridge handle.  Sorry The image is little blurred.
Happy embroidering,
Shami Immanuel.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Plastic canvas Pen holder

This is pen holder done using Plastic canvas mat.  I have done Algerian Eye stitch.  U can beautify this by adding beads in the center of each stitch.


Plastic canvas photo frame

This is a photo frame made using plastic canvas.  I have used Algerian eye stitch around and made French knots in the center.  Have a look.

photo frame - plastic canvas

Again this is uploaded in the opposite direction.  What can I do to make the image in the right direction?  Can any one help?

Happy if u take time to comment on this.

Shami Immanuel.

Algerian eye stitch

This is a cover for my Laptop which I have made using Algerian Eye stitch.  The red color around is
Algerian Eye stitch and green color in between is double cross stitch.  For the edging I have worked a line of chain stitch around and done single crochet around that chain.  Then  I have done v-st in crochet in alternate single crochets.(v-st = double crochet(dc), chain1, dc in same stitch).

This is the closeup of the edging and algerian eye stitch.

All the photos have been uploaded in the opposite direction.  so please bear with me.

Happy Embroidering and crocheting.

Shami Immanuel.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Crocheted scrunchie

I got bored with my embroidery project in saree.  So I thought of taking up a project which can be completed quickly.  And I have crocheted a cellphone pouch.  It is here.  Then I have made a scrunchie with the left over yarn.  It is very easy and you can make one within 5 to 10 minutes.  The result is wonderful.  Thought of making more so that I can gift it.  All u need to make this is a good rubber band or elastic band and scrap yarns.  Have a look at it.

I am linking this to colours Dekor for the weekly story.

Happy crocheting.

Crocheted pouch

This is the pouch which I have crocheted.  Have a look.  Very easy to make.  The pattern is from internet but I didn't remember the site.  You can search it under the name Eyelash purse and it is a free pattern. 

I have attached the flap with the velcro.  Just with the help of fabric glue I have attached it.  My pouch inside.

How is it?  Waiting for u'r valuable comments.

Happy crocheting.

Shami Immanuel.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Blanket stitch Honey comb - Embroidery

This is a variation of button hole stitch.  I have seen this first in Lakshmi's blog.  Being inspired by her network stitch project I  have decided to do this.  She called this stitch as network stitch.  Later, in Sarah's stitch dictionary she has named it as blanket stitch honey comb.  Since it is a variation of blanket stitch I stick to the name blanket stitch honey comb.  It is very easy to do and intersting.  Yields beautiful results for filling an area of a flower. 

Thought of doing a project using this stitch.  For sarees, it takes a long time to complete the project.  So I have started to do this in a kurti(an old plain saree transformed into a kurti). Here, is the motif I have made for the sleeves. 

This is the motif which I have embroidered for the border.  Two more motifs are yet to be completed.

Leaves are done using fishbone stitch, stems using portuguese stem stitch.  Small bud like things in the stems are detached chain stitch tacked up with a small round bead.  Inside the big flower I thought of attaching a sequin once the embroidery part is over.

One of my old project using this stitch is here.

The completed project is here.

If any of u need the design for this motifs feel free to ask thru comments.  I will post it in my blog.

comments and suggestions are always welcome b'coz it will be encouraging to me.

Happy Embroidering,
Shami Immanuel.