Friday, January 8, 2016

Kutch work motif and a cross stitch Ta..da

Hi all,
   How r u all?  It's already 8th of Jan.  I had some finishes to show u from previous year.  But I want to start my post with a new work which I made this year.  Also I have a cross stitch finish to show you.  First on to the kutch work motif.  I have planned to do this for a bag.  Done with 3 strands of anchor embroidery thread.  Also added shisha embroidery to it.  


Now the cross stitch finish.  This one I have started as a kit from pony craft store  on 2014.  But only finished on 2015 November.  This is the first cross stitch with different shades of threads.  Some how I have managed to finish it.  I have one more kit from pony but I was not happy with the design.  So I am in an oscillation whether to start that or not..  Ok now for the Ta... da moment.



Now I have to remove the creases in the fabric before giving it for framing.  I am afraid to wash the piece in a fear of color running. But three cross stitch pieces are waiting for its turn to frame.  I should frame it before I start another one. And I can concentrate on my mega cross stitch project "Harmony".

I have planned to do some embroidered kurtis for sale this year.   Any one interested to have embroidered kurti do let me know. Also I have done embroidery in my blouse.  Will be back with that embroidery and some planned project for 2016  in my next post. 

Linking this post to: stitchery link party.

9 comments:

  1. Your Kutch embroidery is very beautiful !!:) congrats on completing the cross stitch!! If the kit had anchor threads, then you go ahead and wash it, they don't run. Wash with a mild soap only .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty kutchwork motif!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both the finishes, especially the kutch work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dutch work looks gorgeous..and fabulous cross stitch also. if it is a branded thread, usually colors will not run..but keep an eye on the red.so don't soak it and keep, wash it with mild soap, and cover it with a cloth that absorbs well and iron it over that cloth and try to dry it quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both finishes are beautiful but the Kutch embroidery motif is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy new year Shami! The kutch work motif would make a lovely bag. Beautiful cross stitches too:) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic kutchwork shami. The colors won't bleed unless they are branded. Share them after framing. I am sure they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kutch work is simply amazing. I always fail in it else I would tried doing something similar

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kutch work is simply amazing. I always fail in it else I would tried doing something similar

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/