Wednesday, February 6, 2019

New projects

Hi all

On the first day of 2019 I have started a couple of projects so that I can work on it in a daily basis.  One is a Ripple blanket and the other is a cross stitch cushion cover with a simple pattern that doesn't need a chart.  Have a look at them.


I am following the Neat Ripple pattern of Lucy from Attic24. It is a know pattern in the crochet world. I am Using 4 ply acrylic yarn and a 4mm hook.  I am doing one row per day.  It took me 15 to 20 mins  to complete one row.  So far I have completed one row each day till yesterday.  

The next is a cushion cover with a simple pattern in cross stitch.  I am doing 2 blocks per day.  Somedays i will be stitching more than 2 .  Maximum 4.  Not more than that.  Using 2 strands of different anchor embroidery cotton.


I will be finishing this into a 16 inch cushion cover.  

This year I have decided to take concentrate on one project at a time apart from these two.  B'coz having more projects in the work basket is sometimes stressful.  I have planned to finish a project, then shoot photos , update in the blog and then move on to the next one.  I have some crochet projects which I have completed last year in which I haven't blogged till now.  Some of them need some finishing touch.  I will be doing them one by one before moving on to a new start.  Mainly I am focussing on my UFO's in my work basket and the stash I have collected in the last few years. This year I have also decided not to go for shopping craft items unless and until necessary.  

I will be updating the progress of these projects every month.  In my next post I will be showing the crochet projects which I have missed to show here.  That's all for now.  

Have a happy time with needle n thread.  

3 comments:

  1. I think your approach to new work is sound - better not start anything until the UFOs are finished and have been reported on.
    Lucy of Attic 24 makes such beautiful wave blankets, yours will be lovely, too.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is lovely. very soothing colors in the cross stitch project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely blanket you're crocheting.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/