Sunday, 13 April 2014

kasuti motif for border

This is the motif which I have embroidered for the border for a kurti.  I have used three strands of anchor embroidery cotton thread.  


It took 20 mins to embroider the inner yellow motif, 40 mins for the red segment, nearly 1 hr for the green segment and 1 hr and 30 mins for the outer yellow segment. Totally 3 1/2 hrs is needed to embroider this single motif.

I have done three such motif and they are here.  I have to separate each motif and then attach to a red color silk cotton fabric.  My tailor should do it properly.


Now the closeup


The matching yoke for this kurti is here.

Now I am embroidering the sleeves for this kurti.  I will come up with the sleeves after completing it. So watch my space.  Waiting for your feedbacks.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely motif. Reminds me of the black saree I wanted to "cover" with kasuti motifs which I abandoned after just making a few!! Maybe I should hunt for it now. Do you have the diagrams for these or do you make them free hand?
    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic design and by using three threads you get a very bold and strong outline. I think you are working very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Work... Very Nice Shami...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work shami.. looks like it's made by an expert designer. can't wait to see your stitched kurti :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a lovely piece of work. very pretty

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.