Welcome back to my crochet blanket journey!
I’m so happy to have you here as I continue working on this colourful stash blanket. Another two weeks have passed, and the blanket has grown a little more. It’s lovely to look back at the rows I’ve added and see how the different shades are slowly coming together.
When I started this project, my plan was to use only the yarns I already had in my stash. But, as often happens with crochet, the plan changed a little! I realised that I would need more of my main blue colour, and while ordering it, I couldn't resist adding a few more shades that caught my eye.
The past two weeks have been quite productive for me. I managed to crochet 17 stripes, which feels like a big achievement for me! It is always satisfying to see several more rows added to the blanket and watch it slowly grow in size.
For these stripes, I continued repeating the colours I had already used, which is helping to create a lovely rhythm throughout the blanket. I also added two more shades of pink to the pink stripes. These new shades are slightly different from the ones I used earlier, and I’m enjoying seeing how they blend with the existing colours.
With each new stripe, the blanket is beginning to look more colourful and interesting. I’m excited to see how all these colours will come together as the blanket gets closer to completion.
So, let me show you the progress I made during Weeks 9 and 10!
The blanket now measures approximately 68 inches in length and 50 inches in width, and I’ve completed about one-third of the blanket so far. It feels wonderful to see it grow into a good-sized blanket, especially after adding 17 stripes over the past two weeks. Each new row makes the finished blanket feel a little more within reach. There is still plenty more crocheting to do, but reaching this one-third milestone is encouraging—and I’m hoping to keep up the momentum and finish the blanket by the end of the year!
Here is a close-up of the 17 stripes I crocheted over the past two weeks. I have continued repeating the colours I’ve already used, but I also introduced two new shades to my pink palette. The light pink and lavender, which are the second and third colours from the top apart from the blue, are the new additions. I love how these slightly different shades bring a little more variety to the pink stripes while still blending beautifully with the colours already in the blanket.
And that brings me to the end of my Weeks 9 and 10 progress. With 17 new stripes added and the blanket now about one-third complete, I’m really happy with how much I’ve accomplished over these two weeks. The new shades of pink have added a lovely touch, and I’m looking forward to introducing the other new colours in the coming weeks. There is still a long way to go, but I’m enjoying every stripe and hoping to keep up this momentum as I work towards finishing the blanket by the end of the year. See you in the next update!


No comments:
Post a Comment
I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.