Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Kashmiri Ball Stitch Tutorial/How to do Kashmiri Ball stitch

Hi all

Hope all are doing well and good.  I have some stitch tutorials and designs ready in my hand.   I am not able to post it here as I am concentrating a bit more on my youtube channel.  So before it piles up let me post it here one by one.  

Today I am happy to share with you kashmiri ball stitch.  It is very simple and easy stitch.  This stith can be used as an all over design for your dresses.  

Let me show the steps involved in doing a kashmiri ball stitch.  This is a picture heavy post.  I am going to work 4 kashmiri ball stitches in the following design.  This stitch is worked using the spokes as the base.  The number of spokes depends upon the design we are going to embroidery. 


Here I have used 1 horizontal and 1 vertical spokes in the shape of '+'.  Then two slanting spokes in the shape of  'X'.  Slanting slopes are little bit smaller than the horizontal and vertical spokes.  


Start with the straight stitches in the following order shown in the pictures below.



The base stitches are completed.

Since the stitches are straight and in order to keep them in place I have make two rounds of woven stitch around them.  That is going over one stitch and then under the next stitch.

Bring the needle up in the centre and do the woven steps as shown.

Bring the needle under the horizonal and vertical lines and over the slanting lines.  do this for two times.


After completing two rounds anchor the thread by going down at the point where it comes up. 


Now we are going to make the balls.   In any one straight stitch make a small straight stitch the one below. It should keep the straight line in place and the small stitch divides the straight line into upper and lower part.  

Bring the needle up through the fabric near the small stitch.  

Now pass the needle under the upper part and then under the lower part also.


Do it two more time.



After three rounds anchor the thread by going in through the point where it comes up.  If the space between the spokes are more you can do more rounds to make big ball.  

Repeat the same steps for the other spokes also. For the horizontal and vertical spoke I have made three round and for the slanting spokes I have made two rounds to make some difference. 



This is one completed kashmiri ball stitch.  


A close up.


The following picture shows a kashmiri ball stitch with more number of spokes. 

Hope you find this tutorial helpful.  Do drop in your feedbacks in the comments section.  I will be back with another interesting stitch tutorial soon.  Till then, have a nice day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/