Saturday, April 2, 2022

Simple Kasuti embroidery Neckdesign

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well and good.  Though I love to do all sorts of embroideries, kasuti and kutch embroidery is my favourite.  I try to do kasuti embroidery that looks similar on the front and back side of embroidery.  Recently using a border design I have created a neck design.  This is a very simple design.  that has one single motif repeatedly.  

Click this link for video tutorial.  If you like my videos consider subscribing my channel.  

I have done a sample neck design.  The measurements are not proper.  It's just a model.  Have a look at it.


I have added golden stones along the edge of each motif.  

This is before adding the stones.

The beauty of kasuti is that we can create same pattern on front side and back side of fabric.  You can see it from the photograph below.

Front

Back

Pattern for the design.
-----------------------------

Here is the pathway of working a single motif

Take straight stitches in the following order
1-2,  3-17,  9-10
11-12,  9-12,  11-10
9-17,  21-17,  18-17
8-5,  6-7,  8-7
6-5,  8-17,  19-17
20-17,  14-15,  16-13
14-13,  16-15,  14-17
3-4,  1-4,  3-2

Do give a try.  Soon I will be posting the proper design for the neck of a standard kurti.  Till then have a nice day.  

2 comments:

  1. Shami: This design would be beautiful as a frame around my cross-stitch designs.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting! It would be lovely on a long summer skirt!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/