Monday, April 5, 2021

Embroidery Design - Ring Knot Stitch

Hi all

Hope you all had a great weekend.  Today I am happy to share with you an embroidery design that uses Ring knot stitch.  This is similar to french knot but with a little variation.  It is worked like french knots with a loop.  Tomorrow we will see the tutorial for working the Ring knots.  Now let us see the design.


In the centre of the flowers, here and there in the stems and leaves I have glued half pearls.  You can use this design for kurtis and extend this to make borders also.  Two years back I have embroidered a kurti neck using this ring knots.  You can view it here.


Pattern for the design
-------------------------------

Stitches Used
Flowers - Ring knot
Stem - Stem stitch
Leaves - Straight stitch

Anchor thread numbers
Flowers - 31(light), 33(medium), 35(dark) - 6 strands, 1 wrap
Stems and leaves - 262 - 3 strands

In this design I have made only one layer of flowers.  Tomorrow along with the tutorial I will show how to embroider this ring knot flowers in two layers.  

You can view other embroidery stitches here.

Hope all of you like this design.  See you all tomorrow.

I am linking this post to:

4 comments:

  1. Shami: The beads add such dimension, very pretty.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the pearl buttons to accent the flowers. Did you teach yourself how to embroider?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice design and the pearls add a lot of glamour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, I love learning new embroidery designs. Thank you for sharing with us at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/