Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Circle Skirt - I have done it.Yey........................

I can't believe that I started sewing.  I have sewed pillow covers earlier.  But not I have started my sewing adventures with the help of the net.  First of all I have come up with a Circle skirt. A very simple one in the cutting part but a bit tricky in sewing the elastic and the seams.  First I didn't succeed but in the second attempt I succeeded.  I have learned to sew this here.  You can find more interesting tutorials for kids in that site.   Now comes the skirt.


I have some more tutorials in my to do list.  I will come up with one by one along with embroidery. 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish !! Very nice and neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Enjoy making a new wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear you are learning to sew! The skirt looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little girls love to swing round in circle skirts I discovered from my daughters, so made them for grandaughters too. I admire you for learning to sew you wont regret it ever.

    A little hint for circle skirts....attach the waist to say the back of a door with pins keeping it straight so the parts cut on the cross can "drop". You can trim those parts of the hem that drop.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.