Monday, October 25, 2021

Christmas tree using wheatear stitch

 Hi all,

Hope all are doing well and good.  Thanks for your response for my last post of running and whipped running stitch design.  As christmas is approaching I thought of embroidering a x'mas tree using the simple wheatear stitch.  I am finishing this into a hoop wall hanging.  How to finish a design in the hoop to a wall hanging will be shown in the next post.  

This is the x'mas tree which I have embroidered. 


I have used two shades of green for the tree, brown for the base of the tree and the star is done using woven star stitch.  The base is done using satin stitch.  

Video tutorial below.  Kindly subscribe my channel.

This is before adding beads.

Pattern for the design
----------------------------------

Anchor thread numbers 
---------------------------------------
Green - 237, 245 ( 3 strands)
Brown - 375 ( 6 strands)
Red - 46 ( 6 strands)

If anybody is interested in getting a kit for this project do mail me at shamiimmanuel@gmail.com or drop in your message in the comments section.  It will be soon available in my amazon seller page

In my next post I will be finishing this piece into a hoop wall hanging along with the kit details.  Till then, have a nice day and have a happy time with your needle n thread. 

Updated: You can see the video of finishing the hoop into wall hanging here

This post has been linked to Craftastic monday, Handmade Monday

7 comments:

  1. Christmas is not far away! This is a lovely use of the Wheatear Stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shami: Beautiful design, the beads are perfrect.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and the beads are the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love embroidery (but hate the exactness of counted cross stitch!); I have never seen the wheatear stitch. It is a gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog! It is difficult to celebrate the Christmas holiday party in person this year due to the pandemic, which is not a reason to cancel the Christmas party. Christmas can be celebrated virtually in many ways. Virtual Christmas Party Ideas, help us to organize the virtual Xmas party and Kick-start the coming year 2022 positively.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/