Thursday, June 29, 2017

Popcorn Heart

Hi all

Last week when I was visiting my blogger friends posts Nima's popcorn cushions attracted me.  It was love at first sight.  I love to do popcorn stitch.  Immediately I googled for the patterns and I came across this site which have some basic popcorn charts.  For the base I used Half double crochet.  To my surprise I got succeeded in my first attempt.  I don't want to keep the trial piece in my cupboard sitting idle so I immediately transformed that piece into a cushion.  I used solid granny square around the trial piece.  After attaining the size of the cushion front I made rows of dc's on both sides and made it into an envelope cushion cover.


Back of the cushion cover.  Added some buttons in the opening.  Buttons purchased from Pradhan embroidery stores long back.  I am  happy that I have used that and added to it, it matches well with the color of the cushion.  I will be doing one more with another chart to pair this one,

My work in progress.  I am doing four fabric cushion covers and the first one is over. I am using some quilt block patterns for that.  Second one is in progress.  

The name of the quilt block pattern is Hourglass quilt block.  I am not quilting it.  Just adding a backing  fabric.  That's all.  Will   come up with other cushions once I finish it.  Also I've been done with a crochet bag and this week end I will be concentrating to catch up the fairies for the Smalls SAL. A hexagon project is also in progress.  Three more kurtis are also waiting for kasuti and kutch embroidery.  Will see how I am using my time efficiently.  

That's all from  my side.  What's going on your crafting table.  Bye.

3 comments:

  1. The popcorn cushion is unique - I don't think I have seen that kind of pattern before.
    If you are not going to quilt the patchwork cushion, does it mean you will not add any wadding to it either? How about a lining?
    You list of Projects in Waiting is long. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your popcorn heart cushion, my friend! I think I will try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... that's indeed a cute popcorn heart Shami

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/