Thursday, April 12, 2018

Embroidery pattern 4 - French knots neck design

Hi friends

Today I am here to share the free pattern for this month.  It is an expansion the last months free pattern.  I have expanded it to a neck design for a kurti.  A simple one but  looks elegant.  So on to the design now.









One more thing.  If you are working the french knots for the neckline, make sure that u leave enough space for stitching.  I have stitched it too close to the neck where the fabric is being cut for stitching.  At the time of stitching it becomes big trouble and the french knots were all collapsed.  Then I removed all the french knots and embroidered the neck line with the herringbone stitch.  I will  update this post with the stitched kurti once it is done.

Now the pattern
--------------------------

Stitches used
-------------------------
Round flowers - French knots (6 strands ) - I wind the thread one time over the needle
Leaves - Leaf stitch - 3 strands
Stem - Stem stitch - 3 strands
For the neck line french knots of pink and blue stitch alternatively.

Threads Used  - Anchor
------------------------
For flowers - 63 (Pink)
Stem and Leaves - 150 (blue)

For the next months free pattern I am working on a kantha embroidery border pattern.  So do watch my space.

8 comments:

  1. It is a really nice design to be used repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely pattern! I wish my French knots looked that perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog post! The Jaipur kurti Online collection is very beautiful, with vibrant colors of long kurtis with plazo and traditional outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embroidery with machine digitizing made easy.. Love that French knots neck design. Thanks a lot for ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful content as always. I love how you talk about the projects and topics in detail. Keep the articles coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just couldn't go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information a person provide on your guests? Is going to be again often to check up on new posts. Draping classes in fashion  in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/