Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Stash to snuggle - A crochet blanket journey - Week 4 - Adding Shades of green

 Welcome back, dear readers! I'm happy to have you join me for Week 4 of my crochet blanket journey. The blanket is continuing to grow steadily, and I'm enjoying experimenting with different colours from my yarn stash. This week, I introduced cream and two shades of green, adding a fresh and natural touch to the colourful ripple design.

Catch Up on the First Three Weeks

If you're joining me for the first time, you can catch up on the earlier stages of my crochet blanket journey before reading this week's update. In Week 1, I introduced the project, shared my yarn stash and colour palette, and began the blanket using the Neat Ripple Pattern. Week 2 brought another seven rows and the addition of maroon, while Week 3 added 12 more rows along with three beautiful shades of pink. Each week has brought new colours and steady progress, and it's wonderful to see how the blanket is gradually growing. Take a look at the previous three updates below and follow along from the very beginning!


Week 4 Update

Six More Stripes Completed

This week, I completed another six stripes, with each stripe consisting of two rows. That makes a total of 12 new rows added to the blanket this week.

I'm pleased that I have been able to maintain a steady rhythm with this project. Working on the blanket row by row makes this large project feel much more manageable, and it is incredibly satisfying to see the ripple pattern getting longer with every week.

Adding Cream and Shades of Green

For this week's colour palette, I introduced cream and two shades of green. The cream adds a soft, neutral element to the bright colours already present in the blanket, while the two greens bring a fresh and natural feel to the design.

I particularly enjoy how the new colours contrast with the recurring bright blue. The blue continues to appear between the different colour combinations, helping to create continuity throughout the blanket while allowing each new shade to stand out.

As the number of colours increases, the blanket is becoming more vibrant and interesting. I love the little surprise that comes with adding each new stripe and seeing how it works with the colours already crocheted.

Another 12 Rows Completed

With 12 more rows completed this week, the blanket is steadily growing into a colourful ripple creation. What started as a collection of 4-ply acrylic yarn from my stash is slowly turning into a beautiful handmade blanket.

I'm learning that consistency is the key to completing a large crochet project. A few rows each day may seem like a small achievement, but when those rows are added together week after week, the progress becomes quite remarkable.

I'm looking forward to continuing this journey and seeing which colours from my stash will make their way into the next section of the blanket.

Another six stripes, 12 rows, and three new colours added—one week closer to completing my ripple blanket! 

I'll be back next week with another progress update as the blanket continues to grow, one ripple at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/