Monday, August 17, 2026

Stash to snuggle - A crochet blanket journey - Week 3 - Adding Shades of Pink

Welcome back, dear readers! I'm delighted to have you join me for Week 3 of my crochet blanket journey. With each passing week, this colourful blanket is slowly taking shape, and I'm excited to share the progress I've made. This week brought some beautiful new additions to the colour palette, including three lovely shades of pink, which add a fresh and vibrant touch to the ripple design. So, let's take a look at what I accomplished this week and see how the blanket has grown, one row at a time! πŸ§ΆπŸ’—

Catch Up on the Previous Weeks

If you're new to my crochet blanket journey, I'd love for you to start from the beginning! In Week 1, I introduced the project, shared the yarn from my stash, the colour palette, the 4 mm crochet hook, and my first experience with the chainless foundation row. In Week 2, I shared the next stage of the journey, including the addition of seven more rows and the introduction of maroon into the colour sequence. You can read both updates below and then continue here to see how the blanket has grown in Week 3.

Week 3 Update: Adding Shades of Pink

Six More Stripes Completed

This week, I added six more stripes, with each stripe consisting of two rows. That means I completed a total of 12 new rows this week.

I was able to maintain a steady rhythm of two rows per day, which made the project feel much more manageable. Although this is going to be a large blanket and there are still many rows ahead, seeing consistent progress each day is very encouraging.

Introducing Three Shades of Pink

For this week's colour combination, I decided to introduce three different shades of pink into the blanket. The pinks bring a lovely brightness and feminine touch to the existing blue, maroon, brown, orange and yellow shades.

I particularly like how the pink stripes stand out against the recurring bright blue rows. Using the blue between the other colours continues to create a sense of consistency while allowing each new shade to make its own statement.

The ripple pattern is becoming more interesting with every colour I add, and I'm beginning to get a better idea of how the finished blanket might look.

12 More Rows, One Week at a Time

With 12 additional rows completed this week, the blanket is gradually becoming larger and more colourful. It's satisfying to look back at the beginning of the project and see how much it has already grown.

This project is teaching me that a large crochet blanket doesn't have to be completed all at once. Setting a small daily goal—in my case, two rows a day—makes the project enjoyable and achievable.

I'm looking forward to continuing this colourful journey and discovering how the next set of colours will come together.

Another 12 rows completed, three beautiful shades of pink added, and one more week of crochet memories created! πŸ§ΆπŸ’™πŸ’—

I'll be back next week with another update as this Neat Ripple Blanket continues to grow, one row at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/