Saturday, September 5, 2020

Needlepoint Purse - Oatmeal Stitch

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well amidst the pandemic situation.  In our place we are getting back to normal slowly.  Except schools and colleges all have started working as before.  

Today I am happy to show you my new purse which I have made of needlepoint oatmeal stitch.  The name of the stitch appealed me and it is such a simple stitch so that everyone can try with ease.  I learned the stitch from pinterest.  Let me show  my purse first and then we can move on to the details.


I have started to work in a rectangular piece of canvas. I used anchor embroidery threads - 3 strands.  Then used blanket stitch to cover the raw edges.  Then added a lining around the edge of the purse using hem stitch.   Folded the purse leaving the necessary flap for the opening.  Joined the sides using hem stitch using the same color thread of the blanket stitch so that the joining is not visible.   Then attached a velcro on both the flap and the body of the purse using fabric glue.  Ta daa.... the purse is ready.  


It has enough room to store my mobile phone, pens and keys. 



 I am happy with the outcome.  Will try to make a post on the making of a purse soon.  Hope all of you like it.  See you with an embroidery design in my next post. Till then, have a happy time with your needle and thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/