Friday, March 18, 2022

Kasuti Embroidery Design / Holbein Stitch Design

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well and good.  Today I am happy to share with you a simple  kasuti embroidery design that can be used for dresses.  It can be used as an over all design for sarees or kurtis.  Also if it is worked repeatedly it forms a wide border for the dresses.  

Let's see the design first.


I have used 3 strands of anchor embroidery threads throughout this design.   I have made a video to show the stitching of this design.  If you are interested check the following video.
  
 
Now onto the pattern.


You can use a graph paper to draw this design.  Usually 10 lines per inch graph paper is the best to draw the kasuti patterns.  Hope all of you like this design.  I am working on a kasuti neckline with another pattern.  

2 comments:

  1. Shami: This is a lovely design; it would look beautiful on the hem of my sweater.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there are so many things you one can use this design! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/