Friday, July 22, 2022

Mirror Work 8 - Using straight stitches | How to embroider a circle using straight stitches

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well and good.  Today I am happy to share with you a simple and easy mirror work.   I am using simple straight stitches to frame the sequin here.  By using the straight stitches we can form a round very easily.  This method is very very useful for absolute beginners who wishes to embellish their dresses with mirrors or sequins.  

Let's move on to the tutorial.  For doing this work I have placed 24 equally spaced dots around 1" circle using the polar graph paper downloaded from here.  I have marked the dots in the second circle as you see below.


Trace these dots in the fabric and just make straight stitches as shown in the picture below. 

 You have  to make straight stitches between one dot and the 10th dot from that dot.  
i.e)  connect dots 1,10 using a straight stitch.  Then (2,11) (3,12) (4,13) (5,15) and so on.  

We have to bring the thread up at the 1 and go in at 10.  Like this we have to come up for all the 24 points and go in at the 10th point from where we come up.    So from each dots we will be having two straight stitches. 


Here I am using 6 strands of anchor embroidery threads.  So I have got a small space in the centre.  For the picture in the beginning I have used 4 strands of thread and got a little bigger space that fits a 3/4" sequin.  

If you are using 4 strands of thread paste the sequin or mirror first and then proceed with the straight stitches.  






For this space I have found a small mirror in my stash. You can purchase that size mirrors here.


You can use this mirror work to embellish your dresses like kurtis and sarees.  Hope all of you like this tutorial.  I will be back with my WIP update in my next post.  Till then have a happy time with needle and thread.  Have a nice day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/