Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Simple Running Stitch Border Design 1

 Hi all

Hope all are doing good and staying safe.  Though there are lots and lots of embroidery stitches the simple running stitch itself has its own variations and varieties. Kantha embroidery in India is based only on running stitch.  On exploring about running stitch variations I have learned the following border pattern that make use of stepped running stitch.  I haven't got a picture tutorial but I do have a video tutorial for the same.  Do check it out.  

Let us move on to the border design.  The video tutorial for this border design is in the link given below

Simple Running Stitch Border Design - 1

This design uses 4 rows of stepped running stitch.  I have used 14 ct aida fabric to explain the stitch.  Because the fabric makes neat rows of running stitches. I am using 3 strands of threads for this design.  The pictures itself makes the process clear. 

4 rows of stepped running stitch

From here on the thread passes through the stitches without picking the fabric.  You can use same colour thread or a different colour.  I have used a different colour with 3 strands.









Repeat the steps again till end.



Hope all of you like this border design.  If you are lover of geometrical designs then this one is for you.  Do try this and drop your feedbacks in the comments section.  In my next post I will come up with the next design I have learned.  Till then, have a nice day and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/