Welcome back, dear readers! I'm so happy to have you join me for Week 2 of my crochet blanket journey. This colourful project is slowly growing row by row, and I'm excited to share the progress I've made this week. It has been wonderful watching the Neat Ripple Pattern come to life as I add new colours from my yarn stash. So, grab your favourite cup of tea and let's take a look at how the blanket has grown this week!
If you’re joining me for the first time, you can catch up on how this crochet blanket journey began in my Week 1 update. I shared the yarn colours from my stash, the Neat Ripple Pattern, my first experience with a chainless foundation row, and the progress I made during the first week. Read the Week 1 Crochet Blanket Update here and then continue with this week’s progress.
It’s time for the second weekly update on my crochet blanket journey!
This week, I managed to add seven more rows to the blanket. With each new row, the ripple pattern is becoming more defined, and I’m really enjoying watching the blanket gradually take shape.
For this week’s colour combination, I continued using my bright blue as the main recurring shade and introduced maroon into the stripe sequence. The deep maroon adds a lovely contrast to the bright blue and gives the blanket a richer, more vibrant look.
I’m particularly enjoying the way the bright blue keeps appearing throughout the blanket. Since I have more of this colour in my yarn stash, I plan to use it alternately between the other colours, creating a consistent flow throughout the design.
Here’s a closer look at the stitches and colour combination in this week’s progress. The close-up shows the beautiful texture of the Neat Ripple Pattern and how the bright blue and maroon stripes complement each other. I’m especially enjoying the neat, flowing ripples and the way each colour adds its own character to the blanket.
So far, the project is progressing steadily, one ripple and one row at a time. There is still a long way to go, but seeing those colourful stripes grow is making every stitch worthwhile.
Seven more rows completed this week—and I’m excited to see what the next week brings!


No comments:
Post a Comment
I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.