Friday, October 15, 2021

How to crochet a simple and easy headband?

Hi all

Hope all are doing well and good.  I love headbands.  But during my childhood I rarely wear headbands.  Recently I have started to crochet hair accessories and fell in love with it.  

You can view them here and here

Previously I crocheted two headbands using a pattern from the internet.  This time I have tried using the simple double crochet stitches and attached a flower to it.  Simple, neat and elegant headband was ready. 

This headband has been crocheted for a 1 year old.  So I made the rows of dc till it measures 15 inches.  Otherwise you can measure the circumference of the head and make it 2 inches lesser to fit the head perfectly.  

Kindly subscribe to my channel.

For this project I use 4 ply yarn and 3.5mm hook. 


Headband Pattern:

chain 8

Row 1:

Dc in  2nd ch from hook
Dc in remaining chains.
Ch 2 Turn.

Row 2 - 37:

Dc in each dc across, ch 2, turn .
 
Join 1st and last row using slip stitches.

Flower

Ch 5, Join with Sl st to 1st chain.
Inside ch 5, 
(Ch 3, 3dc, Ch 3, Sl st) 5 times
Fasten off. 

I  am trying to make more using simple stitches and will show it soon.  I am working on a simple embroidery design.  Tomorrow I will be back with that.  Till then, have a nice time with your needle and thread.

Happy crocheting. 

4 comments:

  1. Shami: These are so sweet, I see many newborns wearing headbands like these.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They both look beautiful! Lovely colors! You have inspired me to learn crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/