Saturday, October 2, 2021

Kasuti Embroidery Trimmings and Motifs - Part 3

 Hi all

Hope all are staying safe and doing good.  In the beginning of April I have started to do a kasuti sampler in aida cloth.  You can see both the posts in the following links:

Kasuti Embroidery Trimmings and Motifs - Part 1

Kasuti Embroidery Trimmings and Motifs - Part 2

Today I have added 5 more trimmings and 4 motifs in that sampler.  All these trimmings are worked on  10 ct aida with 3 strands of anchor thread.  Come let us see the trimmings now.  


The first trimming has a diamond with three spokes and an inverted 'v' on the fourth side . The diamonds are connected with horizontal lines and another inverted 'v'.

The second trimming is a floral motif .  This also has an inverted 'v' element where the stalk of the flower rest.  All the motifs are connected to each other through horizontal lines.   I am planning to work this trimming as a border for a dress and the floral part separately as a butti all over the dress. 

The third trimming is a development of the first one.  On top of each diamond there are three spokes.  To fill the space between the diamonds another three spoke elements have been added.  I am working on a neck design using this trimming.  Next week I will be posting it.  

The fourth trimming is also like a simple flower with 2 creepers on both the sides of the stalk. 

The fifth trimming is a development of the zig zag one with 3 spokes up and down alternatively. This will be so beautiful for necklines. 

We will move on to the motifs now.  These are worked with 2 strands of anchor thread in 14 ct aida. 


So far the sampler looks like this


So far I have completed 20 trimmings and 9 motifs.  Will be back with another set soon.  

In my next post I will come up with a simple crochet project.  Till then have a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful samplers. I'm wondering how you start and end your threads, especially for the single gold squares, do you just knot the thread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty blackwork samples.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/