Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Holbein stitch Neck Design

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well and good.  It's been a long time I have done some embroidery for my dresses.  So as Christmas is nearing I thought let me do something for my blouse.  I had a kerala saree with me and the blouse which I was wearing with that saree got torned and I have been planning to buy a new one.  So I decided to embroider one with the plain silk cotton fabric material which I have got in my hand.  For the kerala saree any colour blouse can be matched.  Previously I wore a dark green silk blouse.  So this time I chose a purple colour one and done the embroidery using lavender colour thread. So now the embroidery part,


Golden stones have been glued to the centre of the design and between the 'v' part of the neck.  

Video tutorial for working this design. If you like this video kindly subscribe my channel.
 
The same design I have worked for needle n thread magazine years back.  The magazine has not been in publishing now.  Anchor has stopped its publishing. At that time I have done it in maroon fabric with golden colour thread. 

For this I have chosen anchor thread number - 96 and used 3 strands of thread. 

The pattern fits a A4 sheet paper perfectly.  Without any scaling you can print the pattern and trace it in the fabric. 

Hope all of you like this pattern.  In my next post I will come up with a crochet finish.  Till then, have a nice day. 

3 comments:

  1. Shami: Very pretty design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely design. Great job💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/