Saturday, February 26, 2022

Overylayed Threaded Chain Stitch - Embroidery Stitch Tutorial

Hi all
Hope all are doing good.  In my embroidery Stitch tutorial series, today I am happy to share with you the step by step tutorial for doing overlayed threaded chain stitch.  


For this tutorial we should be know how to do chain stitch.   Here I have done the base chain stitch row using 4 strands of thread.


  • For the overlaying part I have chosen a contrast colour thread with 6 strands.  
  • Bring the thread up at one end of the chain stitch.
  • Pass the thread through the chain loop from inside the chain without the picking the fabric.  I have started to pass the needle facing upwards. 

Now pass the needle through the next chain loop with the needle facing downwards. 

Repeat the same alternating the direction of the needle in each chain loop.

A fnished row of overlayed threaded chain stitch looks like this.

Hope this tutorial is useful.  Will be back with another stitch tutorial soon.  Till then, have a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. This is really neat! I really like the look the overlay gives the chain!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/