Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Buttonhole Stitch flower and Leaves with video tutorial

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well and good.  In my embroidery design series, today I am happy to share with you a simple design that uses buttonhole stitch for flowers and leaves.  It is an easy stitch for a beginner.  It makes an easy filling for flowers.  

This design can be used as a single motif or can be used as an all over design for your kurtis or sarees.  It can be worked continuously to form a border design.  It looks very simple but gives more elegance to your dresses.  

Let us see the design now.


Video tutorial
-------------------------
Kindly subscribe my channel.

Pattern for the design
---------------------------------

Anchor thread numbers
---------------------------------
Flowers - Buttonhole stitch - 35 (3 strands)
Leaves - Buttonhole stitch - 212 (3 strands)
Centre of flower - French knots - 315 (6 strands, 1 Wrap)
Stem - stem stitch - 212 - 3 strands

The fabric I have used to stitch the design is Mercerised Dyed cotton canvas in powder pink colour.  You can purchase it through the above link.  It is a good quality fabric to do embroidery.  

 In my next post I will come up with a customised embroidery which I am doing it for my friend. Till then, have a nice day and have a happy time with your needle and thread. 

2 comments:

  1. Shami: You make it look so easy, very pretty design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, keep it up.
    Hope you are well in the current situation.
    cvaas

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/