Monday, November 8, 2021

Eskimo Laced Edging Stitch Tutorial / How to do Eskimo Lace Edging Stitch?

 Hi all,

Hope all are doing well and good.  In the embroidery stitch tutorials today I have come up with the tutorial for doing the Eskimo Laced Edging Stitch.  

This stitch comes under the family of running stitch.  Very easy to do.  It can be used as a decorative stitch.  It can also be used for decorating the neckline.  Back in 2013 I have used this stitch to decorate the neckline of one of my blouse.  You can view it here

Video tutorial 

Let us move on to the step by step Picture tutorial.

1)  Start with a running stitch along the stitch line.

2)  Bring the needle up one line below between the first two stitches.

3)  Insert the needle under the first stitch from below the stitch line without picking the fabric and pull through the thread.

4)  Insert the needle under the next stitch from above the stitch line without picking the fabric and pull through the thread.  

5)  Insert the needle down at the point where you come up.

6)  Now bring the needle up between the second and third stitch and repeat steps 3 - 5.  

6) A line of Eskimo Laced Edging stitch.  

Running stitch is done in green colour and the laced part is done in orange colour. 
Running stitch is done in 3 strands and laced part is done in 6 strands.

In this sample the lace part is done in different heights.  

In my next post I will come up with a design that uses this stitch.  Till then have a nice time with your needle and thread. 

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of the Eskimo laced edging, very pretty.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stitch. It is so easy and works well on curves, too.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/