Monday, May 3, 2021

Embroidery Design - Kamal Kadai Flower Stitch

 Hi all

Hope all are staying safe.  Today I am happy to share with you an embroidery design that uses the technique of weaving.  I have learnt this stitch as kamal kadai stitch.  But on the other hand woven trellis stitch also looks the same.  I have done some projects on kamal kadai years back.  You can see it here.  

Kamal kadai stitch uses straight stitches.  Then the straight stitches are weaved to form an woven effect.  I will be posting the tutorial for this stitch tomorrow.

Let us see the design today.



Pattern for the design
-----------------------------------
Stitches Used:
Flowers - Kamal Kadai Stitch
Leaves - Fishbone stitch
Stem - Stem stitch
Centre of flowers - French Knots

Anchor Thread Numbers
Flowers - straight stitches - 292 (3 strands)
              - Weaving stitches - 332(3 strands)
Leaves - 225 (3 strands)
Centre of flowers - 290 ( 6 strands, 1 wrap)

Tomorrow I will be posting the tutorial for doing kamal kadai stitch.  Till then, have a nice day.  

2 comments:

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/