Friday, July 16, 2021

Embroidery Design - Double Cast on Stitch

 Hi all

Hope all are doing great.  Two days back I have posted the tutorial for doing Double Cast on Stitch.  Today I am happy to share with you a design to practice that stitch.  

For this design I have used pearl cotton threads.  This is the first time I am using pearl cotton thread for doing surface embroidery.  First let us see the stitched design.


Pattern for the design
------------------------------
The leaves of this design are stitched using fishbone stitch.   First I have stitched the leaves and then moved on to stitch the flowers.  

While stitching the flowers I have first made the double cast on stitch along the lines and then stitched another inbetween  the lines.  Then stitched french knots with 1 wrap inside the centre of the flowers.  For the flowers and french knots I have used two strands of pearl cotton thread, for leaves one strand of thread is used.  

For other stitch tutorials and designs click here. Tomorrow I will be back with a crochet mandala I have crocheted for my online store.   Till then have a nice day.  

2 comments:

  1. The Cast On Stitch has a lot of texture, and if you do it with two stands of perle it will be very rich indeed.
    As always, such neat stitches, Shami.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/