Thursday, July 8, 2021

A big new start - Saree project

 Hi all 

Hope all are staying safe and doing good.  It's been a long time I have done embroidery on a saree.  Saree is our traditional dress and I used to wear saree for all special occasions and for church services on every Sunday.  When I started to do embroidery I have embroidered some sarees.  You can view my kamal Kadai saree and kutch work saree

Last year before lockdown when I went to shopping I have seen this material and I purchased five anfd a half metres for saree and a matching blouse to go with it.  Every time I used to embroider the border for the whole saree and it will take a long time to complete it.  So this time I have decided to embroidery some motifs with a corner design and a big design for the shoulder part.  

First have a look at the fabrics. 


The fabric is a mix of rawsilk and polyster cotton.  The color is mix of yellow and maroon.  I had a tough time selecting the threads and finally came up with maroon,  blue and green. 

Regarding the design I have selected a simple design using buttonhole stitch and lazy daisy stitch. I have worked one motif in the pallu border.  I have  used 3 strands of thread throughout the design. Have a look at the motif that is going to be used throughout the saree.
 

For the centre of the flowers I have decided to use half beads.  I didn't have white half beads of big size.  So for the photo I place blue half beads for the buttonhole stitch flowers and small white half beads for the lazy daisy flower.  If I find white big half beads I will replace the blue beads with it.  What is your opinion?  
I have one more saree in my WIP basket with kasuti embroidery.  1 metre of border is pending.  I am slowly doing that saree now and then and it is nearing the finish.  Will show it soon. 

Tomorrow I will come up with a book review.  So stay tuned.  Till then, have a happy time. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful design for your sari. Take your time and enjoy the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/