Thursday, August 5, 2021

A small cross stitch finish

 Hi all

Hope all are staying safe and doing good.  Usually the projects I used to start will be big that make take a week's time or more.  I don't choose small designs because I will not be using the finished ones functionally.  It will simply sit in a box in my cupboard.  But doing big projects will make me bored at some times.  At times like that I will start a small design to embroider or cross stitch.  One such project is this small cross stitch rose.  I have found this chart on pinterest.  

You can follow me on pinterest here.  The pattern for today's design is here.  You can take a look at my other cross stitch projects here. 


Initially I started doing cross stitches without backstitches, thinking the charts with back stitches, half & quarter cross stitches will take time.  But once out of curiosity I started to do a series of DMC fairies and the back stitch done in those designs brings in more details to the design.  From then onwards I use to do cross stitch designs with back stitches and I like the way how it will turn out.  From the following pictures you can see the difference with and without cross stitches.



One day I want to cross stitch Margaret Sherry design that includes a lot of back stitches and half cross stitches and the designs of her are unique.  

So what type of designs you are comfortable to work with.  Do you have any designs of a particular designer to stitch?  Tell me in the comments.  

Hope all of you like this design.  Tomorrow I will be back with a crochet finish.  So stay tuned and come back tomorrow.  Till then, have a nice day.

This post is linked to the following link parties:

2 comments:

  1. A lovely finish!

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Rose is very sweet. I agree that backstitching can make a big difference in many projects. There are some designers whose work does not generally need backstitching (Lavender & Lace for example), but most of my stitching these days is on small Christmas projects, and I usually backstitch whether or not it is charted.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/