Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Pineapples in Lavender - A Crochet frock for a 2 year old

 Hi all

Hope all are doing good and staying safe.  I love to crochet wearables.  Since I have two boys I cannot crochet frocks or skirts.  And the place I live is very hot most of the year and I cannot wear any crochet tops for me also.  I always wear cotton or silk cotton dresses.  So once I had crocheted a skirt for one of my friend's daughter.  You can view it here.  

After a looong time I feel like crocheting a frock after seeing so many frocks whipped up by others in instagram.  So I have chosen a simple pattern from here and started to do one.  Moreover I have got this baby yarn in my stash for  more than 2 years and to make use of that I started doing it.  So here is the frock in all it's glory.


I have done so many pineapple patterns and lavender colour is also my favourite.  So I have chosen this pattern.  In the pattern also this dress is done in Lavender colour.  So without any second thought I took the yarn and started crocheting this.  

Hook: 3.5mm

The dress fits a 2 year old.  The length of the dress is 18".  Whenever I see this dress in my room it brings a smile.  Let me see whether I can find a two year old to gift this.  Some skirt patterns are also waiting in the queue for them to crochet into a skirt.  Will do one soon. 

You can view the skirts I have crocheted here and here.

I am on youtube now in the name "Embroidery stitches and Tutorials".  I am presenting all the stitch tutorials  as a video, compiled from the pictures used in the blog.  Instead of scrolling down the page you can see as a video there. 

Hope all of you like this frock.  Tomorrow I will be back with the different types of threads, needles and hoops I used for embroidery.  So stay tuned.  Have a nice day.

This post has been linked to the following link parties

3 comments:

  1. Shami: It is a beautiful dress, the color is lovely.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shami for the YouTube channel.

    Raji.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute - I haven't crocheted in so long... But I might give this a whirl! Thank you for sharing at My Big Fat Menopausal Life's Share the Wealth Link party! Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/