Friday, August 27, 2021

Woven Detached Chain stitch - Embroidery Stitch Tutorial

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well and good.  In the embroidery stitch tutorial series, today I am going to show the steps to do the woven detached chain stitch.  It is a simple stitch that brings the woven effect that stitches like cast on brings.   This stitch suits well for small flower buds and leaves.

Pin this image 

So let us move on to the tutorial.  I am using six strands of embroidery thread here.   It will be well and good if you know how to do lazy daisy stitch. 

First start of with a detached chain stitch(lazy daisy stitch).

  


Bring the needle up through the fabric inside the detached chain stitch.

Insert the needle through the thread in the right side of the detached chain stitch without picking the fabric.  Don't pull the thread tight. 

Now insert the needle from left side of the detached chain stitch without picking the fabric and pull through the thread through the chain stitch. 


Repeat the above two steps until the detached chain stitch is covered. 

Anchor the thread under the last stitch.

A woven detached chain stitch is formed.

I have worked a small flower bud along with two leaves.  It looks very pretty.  I am planning to use in as spray motifs for one of my dress.

Tomorrow I will come up with a small design to practice this stitch.  Till then, have a nice day.  

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite stitches. It ALWAYS looks good, and those who don't know about embroidery will always be puzzled and wonder how it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shami: this is an interesting stitch, very pretty.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/