Thursday, June 10, 2021

Running Stitch family Embroidery / Sampler of running stitch family

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well.  My step in learning embroidery is in my grade 6.  We have 2 classes per week for sewing.  The first piece I have stitched using needle and thread is for a hand kerchief where our madam taught some basic stitches.  And the first stitch I have learned is running stitch and we made a border out of holbein stitch.  At that time I didn't know the name for holbein stitch.  We have been taught it as running stitch only.  

As I started exploring the internet I came across Sarah's excellent site and started learning the stitches one by one.  After seeing various stitch samplers I wanted to make one for me and started from the running stitch family.  I have stitched all the stitches in a straight line.  So far I have completed four family of stitches from sarah's dictionary.  

Today I am happy to share with you the stitches from the running stitch family.  Here I have stitched 15 different stitches.  Have a look at the running stitch family.

Running stitch family sampler

In the next picture I have given the name of the stitches along with it.   Next to interlaced running stitch is again the same stitch with two colours of interlacing.

I trying to design a hoop design out these stitches.  Will post it once done.  Hope all of you like this post.  I will be back tomorrow with the kantha embroidery design that includes kantha butti which I have posted yesterday.  Till then, have a nice time with your needle and thread.

1 comment:

  1. A stitch chart like this is not only beautiful but very useful when you want to find a suitable stitch for a project.
    Sarah must be happy to see how she has inspired you.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/