Monday, June 28, 2021

Embroidery Finish after a long time - Kutch work kurti

 Hi all 

Hope all are staying safe and doing good.  Two months back I have started to embroider a kurti using kutch work.  You can view it here. I should have finished it within that week itself.  But other projects took its turn and this kurti was almost hidden in the WIP basket.  Two days back when I was going through the WIP's I took this kurti and decided to finish it before proceeding with the other projects.  I have completed only one sleeve portion in May.  Day before yesterday started with the the neck portion and today I have completed the neck and the other sleeve.  

Have a look at the neck design.  The material is chiffon cotton..  Anchor embroidery threads of three strands have been used all over the design.  The blue colour circles are eyelet stitch.


Sleeve portion
---------------------

Closeup of the neck design
----------------------------------------

I am a person who does not stick to one project.  But day before yesterday I have decided to work only on this project alone and I am happy I have finished it. 

Do you want to learn kutch embroidery?  I have some basic tutorials for you here.  From that page start with the link for single diamond.  Once you get the hang of the stitch you will be addicted to do kutch work.  I am preparing some kutch work kurti kits for those who are interested in doing kutch work.  Please do have a look at the other kutch work kurtis here.   If any one of you interested in getting a kit on any particular design from that page do leave a comment or write to me at shamiimmanuel at gmail dot com.  I will prepare it for you or if any of you want to work any of the designs for you do mail me. I will do it for a reasonable rate. 

Hope all of you like this kurti.  Tomorrow I will come up with some crochet small flowers.  Till then have a nice day.

4 comments:

  1. Shami: It really is very pretty.
    I am one that sticks to one project,

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's like a real necklace. I am sure it took a long time to embroidery this, but it was sure worth the time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, how lovely.
    I've always got a whole bunch of different projects on the go at any one time too.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/