Thursday, April 22, 2021

Kantha Embroidery Saree

 Hi all 

Hope all of you are doing well.  I love to do embroider my own sarees.  But it will take quite a lot of time.  During the beginning of my embroidery journey I embroidered some sarees.

You can view them in the following links

Now I am embroidering a kasuti work saree and 3/4th of the embroidery completed.  Soon I will show it.  Seeing the time it takes recently I started to buy embroidered sarees If I find it during any shopping.  I've got two kantha embroidery sarees and a chikankari saree.  One by one I will show it here. 

Today's saree is raw silk dark blue colour saree.  It's very light weight and I like the thread colours used.  Three big motifs and small butta size motifs are all around.  3/4th of the border is embroidered. 

Three such big motifs are there in the pallu portion.  Running stitch and herringbone stitches are used.

This is the border design and the small buttas. 

Whole pallu portion.

Kantha embroidery basically uses running stitch.  But it creates beautiful stitch patterns.  I will try to post some kantha embroidery stitch designs. 

Hope all of you like this saree.  I will come up with another post tomorrow.  Till then have a nice time with your needle and thread. 

5 comments:

  1. WOW! what a lovely embroidery you are working on. I never seen that such yet.
    Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment, i really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shami: So very beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saris are always full of beautiful patterns. I love the border design on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !! Beautiful saree and design Shami. Can't wait to see the design.

    Raji.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Beautiful saree and design Shami. Can't wait to see the design.

    Raji.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/