Friday, April 16, 2021

Mandala Embroidery - 2, Chain stitch family mandala

Hi all

Hope all are doing great and enjoying the weekend.  Earlier this year in January, I have embroidered a mandala out of the family of straight stitches. Today I am happy to share with you the second mandala which I have embroidered using the family of chain stitches.  I have learned the stitches from Sarah's website.  I have used twelve stitches from the chain stitch family.  

In this post I have given the stitch names in the pattern.  I will try to make the tutorial of each stitch in future.  Now onto the mandala.

I have embroidered it in ordinary poplin cotton fabric.  

Pattern for the mandala
----------------------------------

Stitches Used:
  1. Lazy daisy - 2 strands
  2. Chain stitch - 2 strands
  3. Lazy daisy - 2 strands
  4. Magic chain stitch - 1 strand of each colour
  5. Back stitched chain stitch - 2 strands
  6. Tulip stitch - 3 strands
  7. Bull's head stitch -  6 strands
  8. Long Tailed Daisy/Pistil stitch - 6 strands
  9. Knotted chain Stitch - 6 strands
  10. Oyster Stitch - 6 strands
  11. Russian Chain Stitch - 6 strands
  12. Basque stitch - 6 strands

 I hope all of you like this design.  Tomorrow I will come up with my work in progress and a new start tomorrow.  So Come back tomorrow to see the new start. 

I am linking this post to Handmade on tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shami: this is lovely, you must have a smoking needle it is always showing us new and beautiful designs.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely way to show the Chain Stitch family.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/