Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Embroidery flower design using ring knots

 Hi all

Hope all are doing well. Yesterday and day before yesterday I have posted the tutorial for doing ring knot and a design to practice it with only one round.  Today I am happy to share with you another design that uses two round of Ring knots.  Yesterday in the tutorial itself I have shown the steps.    These two round ring knots works well for a flower where petals overlap one another.  You can work this flowers in bunches to make it more attractive.  Come let's see the design.  



This design works well as sprays for sarees and also in kurtis.  I have used 6 strands of anchor threads for the flowers.  Attached a golden colour bead in the center.  For stems I have used backstitch.  You can use stem stitch also.  Leaves are worked in straight stitches.  Then stitched the beads here and there.  I have stitches a similar design in a kurti neck using this ring knots.  You can view it here.


Pattern for the design.
-----------------------------------

The dotted pattern is zoomed below.

  • The black dot in the center is the place to attach the bead at last.  
  • Start from the outer black dots.  
  • Instead of working the ring knots in a circle first stitch in those places where these black dots are.  
  • Then stitch between the space between the two ring knots.  
  • The first round will be completed.  Now stitch on the purple dots in the middle.  
  • Take care the ring knot in this round comes between two stitches in the previous round and overlaps them halfway.  
Once again I will show the pictures that I have shown yesterday.




You can stitch more rounds to make a big flower.  You can mark dots like above and can work accordingly that can give neater look instead of working in a drawn circle.  

Hope all of you like this design and hope you understand the working of the flower also.  I will be happy if you drop down a comment in the comments section.  Do follow my blog or subscribe me through email so that you can get my blog posts in your reading list. 

Tomorrow I will be back with a zentangle frame design.  So do watch my space. 

3 comments:

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/