Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Embroidery design for hoop - Fly stitch

 Hi all

Hope all are doing great.  I am sure you have like my previous pattern on kutch work. In January I have posted a small fly stitch flower design to practice.  Again In my embroidery design series with various stitches,  today I am happy to share with you a design that can be used for embroidery hoop wall hanging.  I have drawn this design that fits a 5" hoop perfectly.  Let's see the design now.



Stitches Used:
  • Flowers - Closed fly stitch
  • Centre of flowers - French knots
  • Spirals - Back stitch
  • Letters - Back stitch
  • Floral sprays - Fly stitch with french knots

Anchor Thread numbers:
  • Flowers - 89, 92, 94 (3 strands)
  • Centre of flowers - 298 (6 strands, 1 wrap)
  • Spirals- 255(3 strands)
  • Letters- 89(3 strands)
  • Floral sprays - 257(3 strands), 298(3 strands, 1 wrap)

For other embroidery stitches click here. 

Tomorrow I will update this post with the pattern for this design and the tutorial for fly stitch in a separate post.

5 comments:

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/