Saturday, March 20, 2021

Early Stitching for X-mas

 Hi all

Hope all are enjoying the weekend.  

Every year I used to think I should stitch something for the special seasons like Easter and Christmas.  But it will not happen according to my plan.  Last year I managed to stitch a cross stitch wall hanging for x-mas but not yet framed.  I have so many patterns saved in my folders.  This year I came across this post "A year of Christmas stitching".  SO I decided to stitch those tiny charts every month and finished the first one today.  

I thought it is a small design and I can stitch within an hour or two. But it took me nearly 4 hours to stitch this small design even though it is stitched in a single colour.  But the result is simple and elegant. So have a look at the design.


I will be finishing this into a wall hanging.  Once done I will post it here.  

Next one is a WIP which is a kit.  The kit was purchased 3 years back when my hubby went to thailand.  The design is a small Thai girl in traditional dress.  I have completed 1/4th of the design.  Everyday I am adding some stitches to it.  Have a look at it.

Hope all of you like the cross stitch finish.  In my next post I will come up with an embroidery design.  Till then do watch my space.  Have a great weekend.



3 comments:

  1. Good progress. I so admire people who start their Christmas decorations early in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shami: I love seeing people start on Christmas designs early, it makes me want to do a few myself and get them done in time for Christmas.
    Have a lovely day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to tell you I am looking forward to seeing the Thai girl stitched.
    Have a lovely day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/