Saturday, March 6, 2021

Kasuti Embroidery Motif - 1 for Cushion

Hi all

Hope all are doing great.  Thanks for your response for my embroidered wall hanging post.  It's been a long time I have done kasuti embroidery.  I have a raw silk material which I have purchased for stitching kurtis.  But it was not of good quality and so I decided to stitch cushion covers out of it.  

For silk materials kasuti embroidery is a best option and I have embroidered one motif today.  I didn't trace the design and I have used the net to do the embroidery. I didn't use the hoop also.  After removing the net for taking the picture I have used the hoop.   Here is the motif.


This is the embroidery made on the net.  I have made one stitch over 3 holes.  This is a new net material I have purchased.  For working it is good.  But after that while removing I had a tough time to take it our without disturbing the stitches.    But that's ok. 



You can view all my Kasuthi Works here.

I have taken this design from Mridulas embroidery Book called "Kasuthi Embroidery Design & Applications" .  This picture was on the front cover of the book.  If any of you need that design to stitch I can send a photograph of the design to your maild id.  Do contact me through the comments section. 

I will be making one more motif for another cushion.  After that I will stitch it as an envelope cushion. 
 


6 comments:

  1. It's lovely, I had never heard of this type of embroidery, your other projects are lovely too.😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Lovely design. What is the net?Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you say net, is it Waste Canvas you mean?
    I often use this stiff canvas to stitch over, then spray with water and when the threads get all soft and limp, I remove the canvas treads one by one with a pair of tweezers.
    Your design is lovely, and your stitches neat, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shami, That is one intricate design! Must require a lot of patience. I would love to have the design as so far my attempts at kasuti have failed :)
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/