Friday, March 5, 2021

Wall hanging Verse 2

>

 Hi all 

Hope all are doing great.  Today I am happy to with you a new embroidered wall hanging verse.  In the beginning of this year I have posted another verse.  You can have a look at it here.




Stitches used:
Verse - Back stitch
Stem -  Stem stitch
Flowers - French knots
Leaves - Lazy Daisy

I have attached two designs which I have sampled last year along with the verse.  The first is stem stitch. The second one is portuguese stem stitch.

On the joined edges I have stitched a line of feather stitch and then added french knots to it.   I have sandwiched the embroidered piece with a layer of cardstock at the bottom, then a thin sponge sheet, then the fabric, then the transparent sheet. Used fabric glue to stick the four sides of each layer.  Then to make a simple frame I have attached a glue sticker like stone and pearl border on all four sides.  The frame is ready.  

I have misplaced the pattern file for this design.  I will update it soon.   In my next post I will come up with a small cross stitch finish.  Till then, have a happy time with needle and thread. 

2 comments:

  1. Text, of any sort, be it a prayer or a slogan, adds interest to an embroidered item.
    People who are not interested in embroidery will be drawn towards this piece by the text, and who knows, maybe they will understand the value of the stitches as well as the wisdom of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely those words are beautiful, it will look great on your wall.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/